You know what the job is, because you have at least 3 years of experience..
We are looking for a strategic powerboy or girl that loves refining and defining the overall strategy of our brands.
You set the communication strategy for advertising campaigns. They establish the goals and objectives, target audience, message and tone in which the campaign should be delivered.
You define/refine how a particular strategy can help a client add value to their business, and inspire creative teams to create advertisements in order to achieve this. They use research, trends and data on markets, consumers and culture to help them to do this.
What is your work like?
You will be involved with a number of clients and/or brands at the same time. It is important to develop a good understanding and identify specific business needs for each one.
Your duties may include:
- working with the client to establish their aims and objectives
- analysing existing data, market reports and trends
- developing, managing and analysing research projects
- working with colleagues to develop ideas for a campaign
- briefing the creative team, allowing them to create an effective and well-targeted proposition for the client
- presenting ideas and conclusions to the client
- organising and attending focus groups to do qualitative research
- monitoring the success of the campaign as it runs, suggesting changes and improvements where necessary
- analysing the results.
Your role of account planner may be combined with the account executive or account management role.
Skills and personal qualities
As Friendships head of strategy you should:
- be creative and able to think around problems
- be a rigorous and logical thinker
- have strong presentation skills
- have good business skills
- have good written and spoken communication skills
- be able to work well as part of a team, with a range of people
- have a good memory for facts and figures
- have numerical ability
- you share Friendships vision on advertising and brands.
- have bold ideas and are not afraid to use them.
- have stamina and drive
- be able to work to deadlines
- have a smart appearance and professional manner
- be persuasive and diplomatic
- be skilled at analysing and making use of research
- have good negotiating skills.
- you are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
Apply here: email@example.com
Got a question? Shoot!